6th Diversity Matters, Singapore, 23-25 September 2010
The Australian Multicultural Foundation in partnership with the Commonwealth Foundation, Monash University, LASALLE College of the Arts, and The Statesman (India) organised the 6th Diversity Matters forum on 23-25 September, 2010.
The forum was sponsored and supported by the Australian Council for the Arts, Arts Victoria, Kape Communications, and the Australian High Commission in Singapore.
Hosted by LASALLE College of the Arts Singapore campus, the theme of the 2010 Forum - “Social Cohesion and the Arts” - explored the role that the arts can play in helping to bridge gaps, build social capital and strengthen social cohesion.
The Forum offered delegates and participants the opportunity to input their thinking on a range of topics and interact, network and engage with those at the forefront of emerging issues on social cohesion. In addition, there was an opportunity to address the recommendations raised from the “Commonwealth Statement on Culture and Development” by the Commonwealth Foundation, in particular, a lack of understanding of culture and the arts resulting in the absence of its integration.
Held over 3 days, the Forum attracted participants representing:
- Specialists in community partnership;
- Engagement specialists;
- Artists and artisans engaged in cross-cultural creation;
- Practitioners involved in audience development, particularly with multicultural and youth audiences.
|No.||Description||Full Fees|| |
Full-time Student Concession
| Early-bird |
(Valid till 1 Sep '10)
|1.||Full Conference||AUD $375|| |
|2.||One Day||AUD $175 per day*||Not Applicable||AUD $175 per day*|
* Applicable on 23 & 24 Sep '10 only
- Registration fee is in Australian Dollars and includes: two-day conference attendance, delegate satchel, morning/afternoon teas, lunches, welcome reception and conference dinner